WARNING! I'm an atheist, and some of what I write here might, well most likely will, offend a religious person, a person of faith, if you will. It's not done with intent, that's just the way it is.


For some reason, religion is generally treated in a special way. Yes, for some reason, folks think that no one should make fun of religion or say anything negative about religion. I see no logic to this. We can say what we want about your favorite football team, the person who you voted for, and so on, but we're supposed to hold our tongue about your faith. Folks, that just doesn't make any sense. Anyway, I felt I would at least warn you. If you are a religious person I would encourage you to read my posts; with an open mind, please. If I say things that aren't true about your religion, please let me know. Leave a comment or send me an email. Would most likely be willing to discuss it with you. Hey, I'm up for learning something new.

Also, keep in mind, that if you are a Christian, my understanding is that you're saying that your god is the only god. Now, if that's true, which I understand it to be, then that of course is a direct insult to every other religion out there. You've said their god isn't the real deal; I'd call that an insult...


Friday, January 27, 2012

Anyone for President other than Newt!

Friday, January 27, 2012

OK, I'm sure this may sound tacky, but that's the way it is. Yes, watched the Republican debate last night. Actually, pretty good one...
Sooo, you know how all of the Republicans are saying anyone but Obama... Well, I'm somewhat in agreement; however, I'm saying anyone other than Newt. Dang, can't even imagine him as president.
One of the questions last night was about religion. Yep, you going to call on the Lord or some such thing. And, good old Newt, devout Catholic, family man, and so on, responded by saying that yes, he'd call on the Almighty. Yes, this is paraphrased.
Let's think about this. The president of one of the greatest countries around, the president of one of the most powerful countries around, and yep....he's going to get on his knees and pray to his god....seeking answers and guidance. Dang!
OK. Wouldn't it be safe to assume that if someone gets on their knees to pray, that they are expecting an answer or response to their prayers? Now, how does that work. God, I'm on the verge of declaring war against fill-in-the-blank, what should I do?
Sadly, seriously mentally ill people routinely hear voices. And, sadly, many seriously mentally ill people claim god talks to them.
Now, does old Newt have a direct line to God.
“Hey, God, it's Newt.”
“Newt, my man, how they hangin'.”
Or does God respond by giving a sign of some sort. Maybe he sends the answer in the form of a grilled cheese with a message. Or, maybe Newt looks to the heavens searching for an answer in the cloud formations.
OK. Yes, it'd be nice if no one in the world believed in gods. It truly would be nice if that were the case. However, I think there is a difference between some type of passive religion. You know, yes, there is a god and my judgment day will come and so on. This seems fairly benign, well, you know what I mean. However, to have our president waiting for answers from his so-called god....well, folks.
Anyway, yes, I am now, an Anyone for President other than Newt person.
As an aside, I've decided Newt reminds me of a pool hustler or a card cheat... Sure can't trust him.


No comments:

Post a Comment