WARNING! I'm an atheist, and some of what I write here might, well most likely will, offend a religious person, a person of faith, if you will. It's not done with intent, that's just the way it is.


For some reason, religion is generally treated in a special way. Yes, for some reason, folks think that no one should make fun of religion or say anything negative about religion. I see no logic to this. We can say what we want about your favorite football team, the person who you voted for, and so on, but we're supposed to hold our tongue about your faith. Folks, that just doesn't make any sense. Anyway, I felt I would at least warn you. If you are a religious person I would encourage you to read my posts; with an open mind, please. If I say things that aren't true about your religion, please let me know. Leave a comment or send me an email. Would most likely be willing to discuss it with you. Hey, I'm up for learning something new.

Also, keep in mind, that if you are a Christian, my understanding is that you're saying that your god is the only god. Now, if that's true, which I understand it to be, then that of course is a direct insult to every other religion out there. You've said their god isn't the real deal; I'd call that an insult...


Monday, January 2, 2012

Yes, I am Now a Reverend...

It says so right here....



So, how did a seemingly avowed atheist become a reverend? Reasonable question. Though this explanation may be an oversimplification, it's most likely pretty accurate. 

Sadly, someone who I knew became consumed, if you will, with just about every bogus so-called alternative and complimentary medicine, in addition to astrology, channeling, reflexology, aromatherapy, numerology, and so on. There was just no getting through to her. No way. Even though she could not provide any, and I mean any, documented proof that those things worked and even though the Internet is full of information that would lead rational people to understand that they don't, she persisted in seeking treatment from these people.
It seemed that at times she would attempt to justify this by pointing out the training these quacks and charlatans allegedly had. Yep, so-and-so has a master’s degree in such and such. Yep, that sure convinces me!!! When I would point out to her that most of the so-called certifications and degrees...you know the ones...the ones that let us put letters after our names....CFT, NPD, DN, CLC, and on and on......really meant nothing as most of them were
awarded simply because you paid a fee. You bought your certification just like you'd buy a hot dog or gas for your car.
Anyway, there was just no way to get through to her. She was completely consumed with just about everything bogus out there. I would imagine what she has not tried was on her list.
The latest is going to a
life coach. Yes, you heard right, a life coach. I think the one who she sees also mixes in a little crystal stuff and aromatherapy. Boy, I'd sure rush to them to let them fix my life. I pointed out that I found a place that gives you life coach certification in one week for $165. Hey, how about that. Yes, this is surely the person I want to turn my life over too. Yep, this is the one. The crystals and aromatherapy only add to the allure of it all. Hmmmm.
Anyway, in an attempt to show her that there's little out there in the bogus world she's involved in that has any kind of creditability, I became ordained. Yes, see the certificate. It took me less than a minute to fill out the required information and print my certificate. And, folks it didn't cost anything. Yes, absolutely free....and, supposedly I can marry people and do all the regular stuff ministers do. Why my church, The Universal Life Church, offers the free ordination I do not know. Their heart could be in the right place. Who knows? The following is taken from one of their web sites. 


The Universal Life Church has no traditional doctrine. We as an organization believe in that which is right. Each individual has the privilege and responsibility to determine what is right for themselves, as long as it does not infringe on the rights of others. We do not stand between you and your God. We are active advocates of the First Amendment of the Constitution of the United States of America. WE ARE ADVOCATES OF THE GOOD LIFE! We want to be competent, to be proficient, to be cooperative, to love our fellow man, to appreciate, to be humble, to be honest, to be moral, to live positively, to be what we profess.

That sounds pretty good.
I do know that they offer advanced-degrees in just about anything you can pick...you name it and they'll give you an immediate degree based on life experience. I think the only types of degrees they don't offer (yet) are medical and law degrees. They seem to have almost everything else covered. Here are some examples of their
degrees and certifications:

REGISTERED TAROT ADVISOR CERTIFICATE 55.00
REGISTERED PSYCHIC CERTIFICATE 55.00
REGISTERED MYSTIC CERTIFICATE 55.00
REGISTERED ASTROLOGER CERTIFICATE 55.00
REGISTERED CLAIRVOYANT CERTIFICATE 55.00
REGISTERED NUMEROLOGIST CERTIFICATE 55.00
REGISTERED MEDIUM CERTIFICATE 55.00
Ph.D. IN AROMATHERAPY (Awarded for life experience.) No Course! Regularly $500 Now Only $250
Ph.D. IN FENG SHUI (Awarded for life experience.) No Course! Regularly $500 Now Only $250 DOCTOR OF SPIRITUAL HEALING (Awarded for life experience.) No Course! Regularly $500 Now Only $250
Ph.D. IN ALTERNATIVE THERAPY (Awarded for life experience.) No Course! Regularly $645 Now Only $258
Ph.D. IN MOTIVATION (Awarded for life experience.) No Course! Regularly $645 Now Only $258
Ph.D. IN ASTRAL PROJECTION (Awarded for life experience.) No Course! Regularly $645 Now Only $258
SPIRITUAL PRACTITIONER (Awarded for life experience.) No Course! Regularly $310 Now Only $155
HOLISTIC PRACTITIONER (Awarded for life experience.) No Course! Regularly $310 Now Only $155
HEALING PRACTITIONER (Awarded for life experience.) No Course! Regularly $310 Now Only $155 View Diploma
ALTERNATIVE PRACTITIONER (Awarded for life experience.) No Course! Regularly $310 Now Only $155
NEW AGE PRACTITIONER (Awarded for life experience.) No Course! Regularly $310 Now Only $155

So, you folks out there who are impressed by letters after people’s names....hey, be a little skeptical. Yep, just a little. In the world of
New Age, things are never what they say or seem. Let the buyer beware.

1 comment:

  1. Your rants always cracked me up. I'm deeply saddened by your no longer being around.

    ReplyDelete