WARNING! I'm an atheist, and some of what I write here might, well most likely will, offend a religious person, a person of faith, if you will. It's not done with intent, that's just the way it is.


For some reason, religion is generally treated in a special way. Yes, for some reason, folks think that no one should make fun of religion or say anything negative about religion. I see no logic to this. We can say what we want about your favorite football team, the person who you voted for, and so on, but we're supposed to hold our tongue about your faith. Folks, that just doesn't make any sense. Anyway, I felt I would at least warn you. If you are a religious person I would encourage you to read my posts; with an open mind, please. If I say things that aren't true about your religion, please let me know. Leave a comment or send me an email. Would most likely be willing to discuss it with you. Hey, I'm up for learning something new.

Also, keep in mind, that if you are a Christian, my understanding is that you're saying that your god is the only god. Now, if that's true, which I understand it to be, then that of course is a direct insult to every other religion out there. You've said their god isn't the real deal; I'd call that an insult...


Sunday, January 1, 2012

My God Isn't as Weird as Your God!

Yes, I know this is a possibly an over-simplified look at what's going on in Iowa. It seems the Christian so-called fundamentalists are coming out in droves. Though I am surely not politically astute, and frankly just know the bare bones about politics, it seems as though when Romney is mentioned among the fundamentalists, it almost a battle of whose god is the weirdest...or, maybe the least weird, depending on where you're standing.Yep, Romney ain't no real Christian...he's one of them cult members. Yeah, he's one of them Mormons.
T
his would be funny if these folks weren't helping to determine who will soon be running for president. The separation of church and state isn't working, at least in this part of the political process.

No comments:

Post a Comment