WARNING! I'm an atheist, and some of what I write here might, well most likely will, offend a religious person, a person of faith, if you will. It's not done with intent, that's just the way it is.


For some reason, religion is generally treated in a special way. Yes, for some reason, folks think that no one should make fun of religion or say anything negative about religion. I see no logic to this. We can say what we want about your favorite football team, the person who you voted for, and so on, but we're supposed to hold our tongue about your faith. Folks, that just doesn't make any sense. Anyway, I felt I would at least warn you. If you are a religious person I would encourage you to read my posts; with an open mind, please. If I say things that aren't true about your religion, please let me know. Leave a comment or send me an email. Would most likely be willing to discuss it with you. Hey, I'm up for learning something new.

Also, keep in mind, that if you are a Christian, my understanding is that you're saying that your god is the only god. Now, if that's true, which I understand it to be, then that of course is a direct insult to every other religion out there. You've said their god isn't the real deal; I'd call that an insult...


Sunday, January 1, 2012

A Simple Philosophy on How to Live: No New Regrets

I was pondering, if you will, my life and all of the mistakes I've made. I wondered if I could come up with a simple, easy to understand philosophy of how to live. Something that would be brief and to the point. Something that anyone could understand, including me. Something that would have great utility value.
Something that could pulled out and used for almost any event that confronted or any decision I'd have to make.
I think I found it. At least for me, I have. Yes, No New Regrets. Though it most likely doesn’t need an explanation, I want to be able to look back from here on out and say, I did nothing that I regret, and I don't regret not doing anything.
Yes, No New Regrets.


No comments:

Post a Comment